Bollywood and cricket are inseparable – both of these worlds are highly glamorous and when glamorous people mingle, sparks are bound to fly. Cricket and bollywood stars have huge fan following and their crazy fans can go to any extent just to have a glimpse of their favourite stars. When talented folks from both these spheres unite, the culmination becomes a matter of gossip. Bollywood stars dating cricket stars is nothing new and it’s hardly scandal anymore. Bollywood stars and cricket players interact a lot at common when they meet at functions, ad shoots, and other events. There have been numerous affairs between Bollywood actresses and cricketers in the past. While most couples entered into wedlock after romantic courtship, some of them ended after a while. In this post, we have compiled a list of popular affairs of bollywood actresses and cricketers.
1. Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli: Here comes one of the most popular as well one of the most beautiful love stories when it comes to Bollywood and Indian cricket. It started initially as an affair, but later the duo got into wedlock after years of dating, and currently are leading a happy married life together. This couple had never denied being in a relationship and have been spotted together on various occasions. Their relationship had its own set of struggles but finally with their dreamy destination wedding in Italy, they have set major relationship goals for all of us.
2. Zaheer Khan and Sagarika Ghatge: The Chak De India! girl met the Indian pace bowler through a common friend. Zaheer and Sagarika made their first public appearance when they walked hand in hand as a couple at Yuvraj-Hazel’s wedding which soon confirmed the news of their relationship. Their relationship status was kept a top secret and they dated for a while before taking the relationship to the next level. This Indian fast bowler got engaged to the beauty in a secret low-key affair May 23, 2017, and got hitched on November 23, 2017, in a court marriage. This was not the end of celebrations. Soon after, more wedding functions followed. This wedding of cricket and Bollywood star created another cute couple who are enjoying a happily married life.
3. Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech: Do you remember this cute actress who was a part of ‘Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire’ film? Many of you may not have noticed it well. After dating many beautiful women in his life, Yuvi ultimately found his soulmate in Hazel Keech. The couple got introduced to each other through mutual friends. However, their love story did not start super soon and they finally realized that they fallen for each other after two years of dating. The couple also threw an extravagant Hindu-Bihari wedding in Goa which was attended by many people from Indian Cricket fraternity. This lady who is known for her exotic looks had already won several hearts with her item song ‘Aa Ante Amalapuram’.
4. Yuvraj Singh and Kim Sharma: Yuvi and Bollywood actress, Kim Sharma were the most talked about couple who were known to have dated each other for quite a long time. Kim after the massive success of her Bollywood flick, Mohabaatein was mostly out of the limelight, but her relationship with Yuvi often brought her back in news. This relationship couldn’t succeed the test of time and ultimately, due to difference of opinions, this couple parted ways. Both of them have moved on in their lives and found love in someone else. While Kim Sharma married Ali Punjabi, a business tycoon from Kenya, Yuvraj married Bollywood actress, Hazel Keech after dating for quite a long time.
5. Yuvraj Singh and Deepika Padukone: DP is rumored to have dated Yuvraj Singh. The couple had been spotted together at many places but they never accepted their relation openly. Deepika later found love in Ranbir and dumped Yuvi for him. However, that relation also did not last and she finally found her soulmate in Ranveer Singh.
6. MS Dhoni and Deepika Padukone: The former captain of Indian cricket team is also said to have dated the dimpled beauty, Deepika Padukone. Their affair garnered a lot of unwanted attention when Dhoni invited her for a T20 match against Australia. Her presence in the match set the gossip mills running. However, none of these stars confirmed dating each other.
7. Harbhajan Singh and Geeta Basra: This former Bollywood actress has dated Harbhajan Singh for a long time before getting hitched to him. The couple got married to each other on October 29, 2015. The couple had quite a lavish wedding followed by an equally grand wedding reception on November 1, 2015. They are leading a complete family life now and are parents to a cute daughter.
8. Zaheer Khan and Isha Sharvani: This was considered to be one of the strongest union of Cricket pitch-tinsel town. The couple were in a steady relationship for about 8 years before calling it finally quits. Fans all across became sure them getting into wedlock; however, they shocked everyone by going separate ways. Zaheer Khan later on went found love in “Chak De India” actress Sagarika Ghatge.
9. Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi and Sharmila Tagore: Mansur Ali Khan Pataudi, ex-captain of Indian cricket team and his wife Sharmila Tagore are one of the first marriages from the unison of cricket and bollywood. The enigmatic waves of love between cricket and Bollywood started off with this couple. The enigmatic waves of love between cricket and Bollywood started off with this couple. They got introduced to each other through common friends and soon fell for each other. This relationship dates back to 1965 when Sharmila got married amidst stiff family opposition. Sharmila was a super-successful actress back then and has been a prominent face in many Bollywood movies.This beautiful couple are parents to three children-Saif Ali Khan, Soha Ali Khan and Saba Ali Khan.
10. Vivian Richards and Neena Gupta: Sir Viv Richards is one the most well-known living legends of international cricket. This cricketer and Bollywood actress and theatre person, Neena Gupta, shared an unconventional relationship. The relationship was a top secret affair as Vivian was already married to another woman at that time. This gave rise to a number of gossips and it was not taken in a good way by the Indian media. Even though Neena and Vivian never tied the knot, the relationship was very steady. Neena even got pregnant with his daughter, Masaba Gupta, who is a successful fashion designer now.
11. Virat Kohli and Isabelle Leite: The heartthrob of Indian cricket seems to have an endless number of affairs with the Bollywood industry. Starting from Sarah Jane Dias, to Brazilian model and actress, Isabelle Leite, this lucky hunk has dated many beautiful women. Though Virat never spoke about the affair openly, Isabelle in one of her interviews did accept about having dated Virat for a while.
12. Rohit Sharma and Sofia Hayat: Before getting married to his sports manager, Ritika Sajdeh, Rohit Sharma was rumoured to have been involved in an affair with Sofia Hayat. He was seen getting cosy with the star at few parties which sparked off rumors of their alleged affair. The media did not even give much weightage to this relation because nobody accepted the affair. Finally, with the bitter breakup, things got pretty clear and Sofia who got hurt by the cricketer confirmed the relationship rumors. This happened when the cricketer refused to acknowledge her in front of the media.
13. KL Rahul and Niddhi Agerwal: This Indian cricketer KL Rahul recently got embroiled in a major controversy surrounding the comments he made on the show “Koffee with Karan” where he appeared along with Hardik Pandya. He is often spotted with Bollywood actress Nidhhi Agerwal. The cricketer has definitely denied all the rumors and maintained the stance of just being good friends with Nidhi. However, their outings and pics together hint something else. Nidhhi is working hard to find a foothold in the movie industry while 26 years old KL Rahul has a long way to go in cricket. Let’s see what the future has in store for the bright stars.
14. Ravi Shastri and Amrita Singh: When Ravi Shastri was in his full form, many girls would swoon over him. Bollywood actresses like Amrita Singh also is rumored to have fell for his charm. She was seen cheering for him as the cricketer entered on field. The coverage of this relationship was only limited to the tabloids, soon after the couple parted ways. While Ravi got married to Ritu Singh, Amrita got swayed away by the much younger, Saif Ali Khan.
15. Sourav Ganguly and Nagma: This is one of the most controversial relationships that garnered a lot of fan gaze during the 1990’s. The relationship got confirmed when the duo were seen together in temple in 2001 which sparked off the marriage rumors. It gained even more bad press as Sourav was already married to his childhood sweetheart, Dona Ganguly. These unwanted controversies started to take a toll on dada’s flourishing career and he then ended his love story with the actress. While Sourav maintained a ‘No Comments’ stance on this personal issue, Nagma went on speaking publicly that there was indeed something on between her and the Prince of Kolkata. The story obviously ended on a bitter note.